In Aurora, and broader Hamilton County, the incentive is in our taxes, or lack thereof, compared to our counterparts. By focusing on keeping property and sales taxes low, every business and individual can keep more of their hard-earned money. When individual spend that money in local businesses and those businesses reinvest in themselves, by growing and expanding, there is further grow to the tax base. Since Aurora Development Corporation started in 1963, one of the main goals of the organization is to encourage local taxing entities to keep their tax levy as low as possible and to focus on generating new growth to add to the tax base.
Community leaders, government officials and residents have embraced this pro-business environment, which is one of the strongest incentives for any business looking to locate in Aurora. Aurora Development Corporation can assist qualifying companies in creating an incentive package for those interested in selecting Hamilton County as a home for their business.
Potential incentives and financing options from the Nebraska Department of Economic Development can include one, or several, of the following:
- Nebraska Advantage (2020) / ImagiNE Incentive Program (2021)
- Rural Development Advantage
- Nebraska Customized Job Training
- Community Development Block Grant (CDBG)
- Capital Gains & Extraordinary Dividend Exclusion
- State and local sales tax exemptions on manufacturing machinery, equipment, and related services
Additional Financing options can also be utilized. Learn more about each of these programs here.
- Nebraska Microenterprise Partnership Fund
- Rural Enterprise Assistance Project
- Nebraska Enterprise Opportunity Network
- Invest Nebraska Corporation
- Capital Gains and Extraordinary Dividend Exclusion
- Nebraska Investment Finance Authority
- U.S. Small Business Administration – Small Business Loans
- USDA Rural Development Nebraska
- Economic Development Administration